Re: main.log file not being updated - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: main.log file not being updated
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/25/2013 09:00 AM, Anson Abraham wrote:
> identical.

This is on Debian correct?
Are you using the Debian pg_cluster system?
In particular are using pg_ctlcluster to start the server?

 From what I remember of pg cluster is that the init.d script is called
by pg_ctlcluster and the pg_ctcluster code takes care of setting up the
logging to the appropriate log in /var/log/postgres. If you call the
init script directly it just follows  whatever are the settings in
postgresql.conf, which in your case would not actually log anything.

Another possibility.
Are you sure you are looking at the correct log?
One of the features of pg cluster is that there can be multiple versions
of Postgres and multiple db clusters in a version. Again if I remember
correctly main is the default cluster for a version.

Is it possible there is another cluster running PG 9.0?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com