Throttling Streamming Replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rodrigo Pereira da Silva
Subject Throttling Streamming Replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Guys,

We are having a problem with our infrastructure provider because the
network traffic between master and slave server is reaching more than
30k packages per second(SLA says 20k/second).
Is there any way to throttle the streamming replication? I meant, any
parameter that I set the max number of megabytes sent to standby server
per second?
I didn't have any luck looking at the postgresql streamming replication
documentation. There is the wal_sender_delay, but I suppose that if I
set more than 1 second, it could accumulate a bunch of wal files and
send it at once. So, it wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance,

--
Rodrigo Pereira da Silva