XML document with doctype - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Russ Tennant
Subject XML document with doctype
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Is there a way to persist XML data as a DOCUMENT as opposed to CONTENT
(the default) without using SET XML OPTION / XMLPARSE?

I'm using Hibernate and don't have control over building of the SQL for
the PreparedStatement out of the box or when it executes to wrap calls
to SET XML OPTION. For Hibernate, I'm using a UserType I wrote that uses
SQLXML. In my case, I usually have XML content so it works fine in those
cases; occasionally, I have a document to persist and then it will fail
occasionally unless I tell PG that it is a document. I'm trying to find
the best way to work with Hibernate when I have a document while
minimizing the amount of Hibernate code I have to write. Before I delve
into that, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any other options for
passing along DOCUMENT/CONTENT info for converting from a string to an
XML type.

So, it looks like my options are: XMLPARSE (custom SQL) and SET XML
OPTION. Are there any other options that I'm missing? Thanks for any help.

--
Russ Tennant
Software Engineer