Re: DB alias ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: DB alias ?
Date
Re: DB alias ?  ("Gauthier, Dave" <dave.gauthier@intel.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 01/23/2013 02:10 PM, Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> Nope.  Think of it this way, a new DB is created on day 1 of every month.  So there's a DB called JAN, another called
FEB,etc... .  The DB name used in the connect is picked up from the current date/time.  But January is oevr and I don't
wantto create the FEB DB until Feb 15th.  In the meantime, I want those who try to connect to FEB to connect to JAN
(forexample).

DevelopmentHigh Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC @cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

alter database JAN rename to FEB;