Re: ERROR: COPY escape must be a single one-byte character(multi-delimiter appears to work on Postgres 9.0 but does not on Postgres9.2) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: ERROR: COPY escape must be a single one-byte character(multi-delimiter appears to work on Postgres 9.0 but does not on Postgres9.2)
Date
In response to ERROR: COPY escape must be a single one-byte character(multi-delimiter appears to work on Postgres 9.0 but does not on Postgres 9.2)  (Brandon Ragland <brandon.ragland@breakfront.com>)
Responses RE: ERROR: COPY escape must be a single one-byte character(multi-delimiter appears to work on Postgres 9.0 but does not on Postgres9.2)  (Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 11/13/19 4:40 PM, Brandon Ragland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Talend enterprise job that loads data into a PostgreSQL
> database via the COPY command. When migrating to a new server this
> command fails with the following error message:
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:ERROR: COPY escape must be a single
> one-byte character

Does the Postgres log offer anymore information?

Can you crank up the error level to get more info?

Are the encodings for the Postgres server/OS different ?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com