psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bhushan Verma
Subject psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi All,

  I am trying to run as follows queries
----------
SELECT PageIndex,
       (SUM(ConnectDoneTime - StartTime) * 100) / SUM(EndTime - StartTime) AS "ConnectTimePct",
       (SUM(WriteCompleTime - ConnectDoneTime) * 100) / SUM(EndTime - StartTime) AS "RequestSentTimePct",
       (SUM(FirstByteRcdTime - WriteCompleTime) * 100) / SUM(EndTime - StartTime) AS "FirstByteTimePct",
       (SUM(EndTime - FirstByteRcdTime) * 100) / SUM(EndTime - StartTime) AS "DownloadTimePct"
FROM UrlRecord_$1
WHERE EndTime <> 0
      AND ConnectDoneTime <> 0
      AND WriteCompleTime <> 0
      AND FirstByteRcdTime <> 0
GROUP By PageIndex
ORDER By PageIndex;

-----------
after running this query, I am getting as follows error
-----------
before or while processing the request.

connection to server was lost

psql: FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode
-----------

when I analyze the log file this is showing as follows:

LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  server process (PID 11736) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at 2009-08-31 19:23:34 IST
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 1/64AF7AE0
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

Is there any limitations or some database configuration problem.
Can anyone please help me in this regards.

Regards

--
With Regards,
Bhushan