Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chen Huajun
Subject Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
 > It's early here but I can't see how this makes it work. It appears that the code that is being replaced is exactly
thesame except that there is an if statement in front of it ?

 >     org.postgresql.Driver.setLogLevel(org.postgresql.Driver.DEBUG);

here the JVM level's LogLevel is set to be DEBUG.

 >     DataSource source = (DataSource)new InitialContext().lookup("DataSource");
 >     Connection con = source.getConnection();

source.getConnection()
    -->DriverManager.getConnection(getUrl(), user, password)
       ->getUrl()
            sb.append("&loglevel=").append(logLevel);

here the Connection's  LogLevel is set to be the initial value 0(*) via URL,
although nobody set DataSource's LogLevel by calling BaseDataSource.setLogLevel().

I think it's better append "loglevel" to URL only when
BaseDataSource.setLogLevel() was called.
so a Connection created by DataSource.getConnection() can inherit JVM level's LogLevel setting
just like which one created by DriverManager.getConnection().

*)0 is the initial value and not a valid LogLevel,
valid values are INFO (1) and DEBUG (2).

--
Best Regards,
Chen Huajun