Re: plpython intermittent ImportErrors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: plpython intermittent ImportErrors
Date
Re: plpython intermittent ImportErrors RESOLVED  (Brian Sutherland <brian@vanguardistas.net>)
List pgsql-general
On 01/14/2013 08:30 AM, Brian Sutherland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a plpython stored procedure which sometimes fails when I run my
> applications automated test suite. The procedure is called hundreds of
> times during the tests but only fails a few times, often with the
> following ImportError:
>
>      Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "/Users/jinty/.buildout/eggs/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg/site.py", line 73, in <module>
>          __boot()
>        File "/Users/jinty/.buildout/eggs/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg/site.py", line 2, in __boot
>          import sys, imp, os, os.path
>        File "/Users/jinty/src/mp/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 49, in <module>
>          import posixpath as path
>        File "/Users/jinty/src/mp/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 15, in <module>
>          import stat
>      ImportError: No module named stat
>
> Changing the order in which the tests are run, or running tests
> individually makes the error move/change or disappear. The behaviour is
> the same with PostgreSQL versions 9.2.2 and 9.1.7.
>
> I have tried (but failed) to reproduce this error in a simple .sql
> script. Outside of the tests, it always seems to work.
>
> Having run into a brick wall debugging this, I'm hoping there's someone
> here who can help?

Since order seems to be important what test is run prior to the function
failing versus the test run when it succeeds?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com