Re: Training approval policy on pg.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From damien clochard
Subject Re: Training approval policy on pg.org
Date
List pgsql-www
Le 11/01/2013 00:26, Gabriele Bartolini a écrit :
> Hi Jaime,
>
> Il 10/01/13 23:12, Jaime Casanova ha scritto:
>> That seems to low, specially for a Platinum Sponsor. What about 5 per
>> month that will make 15 per quarter just not all of them at once.
>
> I think there is a reason for that, and maybe Damien can confirm it or
> not, as I have done this activity for several time in the past.
>
> When you plan your course schedule, you either do it for a semester or
> even a year. It is a very boring activity to do, so you just try and get
> it done all together at once. :)

Yes. We need to schedule our trainings on a yearly basis, because our
resellers need integrate those dates in their own catalogs and websites.
At least this is how things work in France, the French training market
is very specific for many reasons...

And yes pushing the dates to pg.org (and elsewhere) is quite a boring
activity ! So I try to do it all at once. This is also why I asked for a
"clone" button a few week ago ;)

--
damien