Re: Training approval policy on pg.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: Training approval policy on pg.org
Date
List pgsql-www
cite="mid:50EF46C0.7060204@agliodbs.com"type="cite"> It's not a false problem. That policy was created in specific
responseto a specific problem from a company which (as far as I know) still exists and will return to abusing our
systemif we let them.</blockquote> What I meant is that the limitation is probably worse than that particular abuse.
Also,Magnus confirms that after that, the way events are shown has been changed.<br /><br /> I'd agree to limit
invasivesubmissions (such as emails and home page communications), but frankly I still believe that the current
limitationis obsolete and probably also damaging.<br /><br /> However, in case you probably missed that part in my
email,I came with a proposal of 10 courses per month per organisation. A high number, but still a upper limit.<br
/><blockquotecite="mid:50EF46C0.7060204@agliodbs.com" type="cite"><pre wrap="">We probably want a new policy, but it
needsto be one which does not

allow casual abuse.
</pre></blockquote> In Italy there is a saying: "Fatta la legge, trovato l'inganno" ( every law has a loophole). I
thinkwe are better off using our time and energy in positive activities, and helping healthy, dynamic and active
companiespromote Postgres through training.<br /><br /> Also, who is willing to go and check if an event is really an
cols="72">--Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant ItaliaPostgreSQL Training, Services and Support<a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="mailto:gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it">gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it</a> |
<aclass="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.it">www.2ndQuadrant.it</a>

</pre>