Re: Training approval policy on pg.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Training approval policy on pg.org
Date
List pgsql-www
> My point of view is that, as things stand currently, this is a false
> problem. Publishing of training events (contrary to what happens with
> conferences/community events) does not harm anyone if the publisher is a
> company that is considered to be reliable. Nobody gets bombed with
> emails or spam, the training events simply sit there, in a separate page.

It's not a false problem.  That policy was created in specific response
to a specific problem from a company which (as far as I know) still
exists and will return to abusing our system if we let them.

We probably want a new policy, but it needs to be one which does not
allow casual abuse.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.