Re: Two Necessary Kernel Tweaks for Linux Systems - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Two Necessary Kernel Tweaks for Linux Systems
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 01/08/2013 12:25 PM, Midge Brown wrote:

> The kernel on our Linux system doesn't appear to have these two
> settings according to the list provided by sysctl -a. Please pardon
> my ignorance, but should I add them?

Sorry if I wasn't more clear. These only apply to Linux systems with the
Completely Fair Scheduler, as opposed to the O(1) scheduler. For all
intents and purposes, this means 3.0 kernels and above.

With a 2.6 kernel, you're fine.

Effectively these changes fix what is basically a performance regression
compared to older kernels.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534