From Emi Lu
Subject Re: JDBC to load UTF8@psql to latin1@mysql
Date
Re: JDBC to load UTF8@psql to latin1@mysql  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
>> Yeah, I agree this is the right answer here, since you're using JDBC. By
>> the time you get a String from the MySQL driver, it's already in Java's
>> 2-bytes-per-char format. And the Postgres driver will deal with the
>> encoding on the output side. So the code I provided won't help you. I'm
>> afraid I don't know about Mybatis, but if it's built on JDBC I'd think
>> you've just got a configuration problem with what encoding the client
>> expects at either end.
> From: Tom lane
> I was wondering if the problem wasn't lots simpler than that. Is the
> character the OP is trying to convert actually part of LATIN1?

First, the data loading is from psql(unix) to mysql(Unix). Second, DB
transactions are through JAVA+MyBatis.

Steps:
(1) Read utf8.data@psql from psql.xml into java.ArrayList<Bean>

(2) For each list.rec, save into mysql@latin through mysql.xml

Tried "jdbc:mysql://.../mysql_db?...unicode...encoding...=ISO..." No.
This does not work.

For now, through the following method, all letters are correctly
transformed except "È".

What does OP stand for?

Emi
--
public static String utf8_to_latin1(String str)
throws Exception
{
    try
    {
       if(str.indexOf("È")>=0)
       {
          str = str.replaceAll("È", "E");
       }
       byte[] convertStringToByte = str.getBytes("UTF-8");
       str = new String(convertStringToByte, "ISO-8859-1");
       return str;
    }catch(Exception e)
    {
       log.error("utf8_to_latin1 Error: " + e.getMessage());
       log.error(e);
       throw e;
    }
}