Question about ResultSetMetaData - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Robert Landsmeer
Subject Question about ResultSetMetaData
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

Hello all,

In the application i am developing we query the ResultSetMetaData for all columns in a particular table to discover the type and null-ability of the column.

On the todolist I found the following under the idea’s section:

ResultSetMetaData calls that run queries are cached on a per column basis, but it seems likely that they're going to be called for all columns, so try to issue one query per ResultSet, not per column.

Does anyone know if this will make it into a release someday? As it would really help us performance wise.

Thanks in advance,

Robert