Re: character encoding - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: character encoding
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/06/2012 07:20 AM, Doug Kunzman wrote:
> I'm trying to support an automatic character encoding to UNICODE so Java
> strings with none ASCII character can be stored in a table.
>
> I've edited my postgressql.conf with the following command,
> PGCLIENTENCODING=UNICODE
>
> And I'm getting this error message,
>
> FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "PGCLIENTENCODING"
>
> Any ideas?  your help would be appreciated.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/runtime-config-client.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CLIENT-FORMAT

client_encoding (string)
Sets the client-side encoding (character set). The default is to
use the database encoding. The character sets supported by
the PostgreSQL server are described in Section 22.3.1.

I believe PGCLIENTENCODING is the env setting.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com