Re: libpq - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: libpq
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/4/2012 11:15 PM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> I would like to build a C program, that can access to a Postgres database and I would like to compile the client
myself.I think I need "libpq" for access the database, but I can not download the sources of the driver,
becausewww.libpqxx.org seems to be down. Where can  download the sources? I don't want to build the full Postgres
database,because the database runs on another host, so I need only the library.

iibpqxx is a seperate project, and is a C++ binding for libpq.

libpq is part of the postgres server package, and is built when you
build the server.    it shares a bunch of data definitions need by the
protocol handler.    you should go ahead and build the full server
package, but then just use the library.

in general, its better to use the packaged shared library that's
distributed with or for your target operating system