Re: Optimize update query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Optimize update query
Date
List pgsql-performance
In later kernels these have been renamed:

Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-32-generic x86_64)

$ sysctl -a|grep dirty
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 5
vm.dirty_background_bytes = 0
vm.dirty_ratio = 10
vm.dirty_bytes = 0
vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs = 500
vm.dirty_expire_centisecs = 3000

You the option of specifying either a ratio, or - more usefully for
machines with a lot of ram - bytes.

Regards

Mark

P.s: People on this list usually prefer it if you *bottom* post (i.e
reply underneath the original).