Create collation fails - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Čikić Nenad
Subject Create collation fails
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello!
I am novice linux,postgre,psql and so on :)
I am using ubuntu 11.10, postgre 9.1
My database has:
server_encoding UTF8
lc_collate en_US.UTF8

I am developing an application for android and I want to serve
multilingual data. I thought of using on android unicode collation
algorithm, and I will do,
but I have non consistent behaviour and googling it seems that on
android it does not behave always well. So I thought of serving clients
on their request such for example
select * from xxx order by collation fr_FR

To check this behaviour I have found that I have to do
  ( as explained by mr Lelarge in
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Specifying-column-level-collations-td4378231.html)
CREATE COLLATION fr (locale='fr_FR');
but then it does not worked for me so I have found that I have to do
(as explained in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2011-03/msg00013.php)
apt-get install language-pack-fr

the second language-support-fr does not exist though.

Well still my psql CREATE COLLATION statement fails.

So I have 2 questions:
1. How can I talk to french girls in their collation?
2. Is the idea of using "order by collation" on utf8 data stupid?

Thanks
Cikic Nenad