Re: Statistical aggregate functions are not working with PARTIAL aggregation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Statistical aggregate functions are not working with PARTIAL aggregation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On May 20, 2019 6:23:46 AM PDT, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 2:36 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
>wrote:
>> Not sure I understand the distinction you're trying to make with the
>> variable renaming. The combine function is also a transition
>function,
>> no?
>
>Not in my mental model.  It's true that a combine function is used in
>a similar manner to a transition function, but they are not the same
>thing.

Well, the context here is precisely that. We're still calling functions that have trans* in the name, we pass them
transfnstyle named parameters. If you read my suggestion, it essentially is running go *further* than David's renaming?

Andres