Re: Is there a meaningful benchmark? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Will Rutherdale (rutherw)
Subject Re: Is there a meaningful benchmark?
Date
List pgsql-general
This looks similar to things I've seen before.  MyISAM can be made to
look twice as fast as Postgres if the application is cooked to throw
away transaction processing, updates, and referential integrity, none of
which MyISAM seems to support well.

I plan to make a point of this to people, as I personally have
experience working with RDBMSs in the past and understand the importance
of these capabilities.  However not everyone I talk to will have any
experiences with databases and understand the issues.

That's why I was looking for a more balanced benchmark that exercises
said capabilities.

-Will