Re: Timing events WIP v1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Timing events WIP v1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/15/12 10:26 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> Extending this to save the key/value set and most of the other data I
>> mentioned before is pretty straightforward.
>
> Why not use Hstore?  Seriously?

I just haven't done that part yet.  The fact that hstore is the likely
way to do it is why I said it's straightforward, and haven't gotten
stressed about not having that finished.  I wanted to try and shake out
some feedback on hook location and how best to deal with memory context,
both of which might impact this.  Extending the current hook setup I've
got here to pass data via hstore would mean it needs to pull into core.  If there's a better approach for adding a hook
thatavoids that I'd be

happy to adopt it, I just haven't thought of one.