Re: SSDs - SandForce or not? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toby Corkindale
Subject Re: SSDs - SandForce or not?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 15/11/12 01:42, Shaun Thomas wrote:
> On 11/14/2012 01:11 AM, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering which type of SSDs would be better for use with
>> PostgreSQL.

Hi Shaun,
thanks for your info. I should probably have made it clear that I was
curious to know how the compression stuff affected the situation, aside
from the other variables.

I'm aware of the other issues you've mentioned, but I'm sure it's
helpful for other people reading this list to see them.

You make a good point about the TOAST tables, I hadn't thought of that.
(My data is mostly numeric here though)

thanks,
Toby