Re: pg_wrapper error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_wrapper error
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/26/2012 06:33 AM, José Pedro Santos wrote:
> Postgres 9.1 in Ubuntu Distribution (12.04 LTS).
>
> When I try to use the shp2pgsql after the pg_wrapper error said that I
> don't have that function, so I enable that function with this command:
>
> sudo ln -sf /usr/share/postgresql-common/pg_wrapper /usr/local/bin/shp2pgsql

In the above you just made shp2pgsql = pg_wrapper. In your case you
should really not have to worry about pg_wrapper. Undo the symlink.

For more info on what pg_wrapper really is:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/pg_wrapper.1.html

> then I try to import again with the same expression that I used before:
>
> shp2pgsql /home/user/Downloads/Africa_Boundaries/africa.shp teste2.africa | psql -d MyDatabase
>
> And I have the pg_wrapper error (Error: pg_wrapper: invalid command name)

You are getting the above because you made shp2pgsl = pg_wrapper.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com