Re: lock support for aarch64 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: lock support for aarch64
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> On 13.05.2013 18:14, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Couldn't we just do
>> -#if defined(__arm__) || defined(__arm)
>> +#if defined(__arm__) || defined(__arm) || defined(__aarch64__)

> That would imply falling back to swpb instruction also on aarch64, which
> won't work.

It doesn't work on current ARM32 chips either, but no one has complained
about the existing coding.  At least on ARM64 there'd be a likelihood
that you'd get an assembler error rather than an executable that crashes
at launch.

I suppose we could consider adding

#ifdef __aarch64__
#error ...
#endif

in the section for not-HAVE_GCC_INT_ATOMICS, but I'm doubtful it's
worth the trouble.