Re: [RFC] CREATE QUEUE (log-only table) for londiste/pgQ ccompatibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: [RFC] CREATE QUEUE (log-only table) for londiste/pgQ ccompatibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/18/2012 08:36 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:
> The CREATE QUEUE command, in fact, could be creating
> such a channel. The channel itself won't be WAL-only, just
> the messages going through it. This (I think) would solve locking issues.

Hmm. Maybe we should think of implementing this as REMOTE TABLE, that
is a table which gets no real data stored locally but all insert got
through WAL
and are replayed as real inserts on slave side.

Then if you want matviews or partitioned table, you just attach triggers to the table on slave side to do them.

This would be tangential to their use as pure queues which would happen
at the level of plugins to logical replication.

Hannu