Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Timothy Madden
Subject Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ?
Date
Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ?
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Timothy Madden escribió:

> Anyway Posgres offers a CREATE FUNCTION statement that resembles or should
> resemble that in the standard, and that is what I am talking about.

"Should" being the operative word in that sentence.  If you want to
submit a patch to move us closer towards the SQL/PSM goal, I'm sure it
will be welcome.

You know that takes quite some effort to invest. How are you sure a patch for this  will be
welcome when people here mostly disagree with me ?

> I just want the Postgres version of the statement to look more like
> the standard one.

Sure.  If we weren't all pointing in that general direction, we would
probably have CONNECT BY instead of WITH RECURSIVE.

I don't understand, what CONNECT BY or WITH RECURSIVE ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden