Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Timothy Madden escribió:

> Anyway Posgres offers a CREATE FUNCTION statement that resembles or should
> resemble that in the standard, and that is what I am talking about.

"Should" being the operative word in that sentence.  If you want to
submit a patch to move us closer towards the SQL/PSM goal, I'm sure it
will be welcome.

> I just want the Postgres version of the statement to look more like
> the standard one.

Sure.  If we weren't all pointing in that general direction, we would
probably have CONNECT BY instead of WITH RECURSIVE.

> Would you detail the differences you talk about that you see here ?

I'm not that familiar with SQL/PSM, sorry.  Pavel Stehule is da man.