Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 25 October 2009 4:06:33 pm Timothy Madden wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Timothy Madden escribió:
> > > Anyway Posgres offers a CREATE FUNCTION statement that resembles or
> >
> > should
> >
> > > resemble that in the standard, and that is what I am talking about.
> >
> > "Should" being the operative word in that sentence.  If you want to
> > submit a patch to move us closer towards the SQL/PSM goal, I'm sure it
> > will be welcome.
>
> You know that takes quite some effort to invest. How are you sure a patch
> for this  will be
> welcome when people here mostly disagree with me ?

Since we are getting philosophical, I did not realize agreement was necessary to
get things done:) I do agree with the effort assessment. To justify the effort
though, it would seem you only need to convince yourself of the merits.
Basically "A Field of Dreams" scenario. You build it and see who shows up.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net