Re: No, pg_size_pretty(numeric) was not such a hot idea - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: No, pg_size_pretty(numeric) was not such a hot idea
Date
Re: No, pg_size_pretty(numeric) was not such a hot idea  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> Assuming that's how 9.2 ships, we might as well wait to see if there
>> are any real complaints from the field before we decide whether any
>> changing is needed.

So, here's a complaint: 9.2 is breaking our code for checking table sizes:

postgres=# select pg_size_pretty(100);
ERROR:  function pg_size_pretty(integer) is not unique at character 8
HINT:  Could not choose a best candidate function. You might need to add
explicit type casts.
STATEMENT:  select pg_size_pretty(100);
ERROR:  function pg_size_pretty(integer) is not unique
LINE 1: select pg_size_pretty(100);              ^
HINT:  Could not choose a best candidate function. You might need to add
explicit type casts.

Obviously, we can work around it though.  Let's see if anyone else
complains ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.