Re: postgresql 8.2 Installation error at "gmake" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql 8.2 Installation error at "gmake"
Date
List pgsql-general
Emi Lu <emilu@encs.concordia.ca> writes:
>> Do you happen to have a previous installation at /local/postgresql?  I
>> think the presence of an older libpgport.a there could be causing the
>> confusion.

> (1) \rm -r /local/postgresql

> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing zic.o ialloc.o
scheck.olocaltime.o -L../../src/port  -Wl,-rpath,'/local/postgresql/lib' -lpgport -lcrypt -ldl -lm  -o zic
> zic.o(.text+0xb5f): In function `associate':
> zic.c: undefined reference to `pg_qsort'
> zic.o(.text+0x2c54): In function `writezone':
> zic.c: undefined reference to `pg_qsort'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Still, I think Alvaro must be right: somehow the link is picking up an
older version of libpgport.  Maybe there's one in /usr/lib or
/usr/local/lib?

            regards, tom lane