Re: Moving from Java 1.5 to Java 1.6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Moving from Java 1.5 to Java 1.6
Date
Re: Moving from Java 1.5 to Java 1.6  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
On 10/04/12 11:21 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> You are also moving to a Java version that is soon to be de-supported.

Java is supported?  only if you mean the non-stop stream of updates
brought on by web exploit exposures.

if you're using Java as a server side application development
environment, whats 'supported' mean ?

frankly, at least from our perspective, Java 7 has been a no-fly so
far.   it brings nothing to the table we're interested in, just more
Oracle induced nonsense.