Re: COPY FROM with BYTEA fields - escaping doesn't work - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toby Corkindale
Subject Re: COPY FROM with BYTEA fields - escaping doesn't work
Date
List pgsql-general
Replying to my own question, but.. the solution seems to be in two stages.

1) Escape your binary data according to the BYTEA escape method.
Eg. "Test\ff\0\9Again" becomes \x54657374ff0009416761696e

2) Escape that string as per COPY escape method.
Eg. \x540065 becomes \\x540065

--
.signature