Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Covering + unique indexes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!
18 янв. 2018 г., в 18:57, Anastasia Lubennikova <a.lubennikova@postgrespro.ru> написал(а):

What is amcheck_next ?
amcheck_next is external version of amcheck, maintained by Peter G. on his github. It checks one more thing: that every heap tuple has twin in B-tree, so called heapallindexed check.
Version V3 of your patch was checked with heapallindexed and passed the test, both on master and on slave.

During bt_index_check()  test from time to time I was observing
ERROR:  canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL:  User query might have needed to see row versions that must be removed.

Sorry, I forgot  to attach the amcheck fix to the previous message.
No problem, surely I've fixed that before testing.
Now all the patches are in attachment.
Could you recheck if the error is still there?
No need to do that, I was checking exactly same codebase.
And that error has nothing to do with your patch, amcheck does not always can perform bt_index_parent_check() on slave when master is heavy loaded. It's OK. I reported this error just to be 100% precise about observed things.

Thanks for working on this feature, hope to see it in 11.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.