Re: Suggestion for improving Archives - Mailing list pgsql-www

From John Hansen
Subject Re: Suggestion for improving Archives
Date
List pgsql-www

> What code ? I've seen that last modified header and now it's gone.
> No stress on the archives, it's pure question of several lines of code

Yes, which is exactly what we wanted to avoid, more php code.

> it's not a portal page, it's just a message, why should it
> changed so often. I think I should teach our crawler to
> recognize if changes were cosmetic using fuzzy checksum.

No, but even something as simple as adding a new mailing list would then
cause you to recrawl the entire site.
I agree that the last-modified header is the best solution. (the value
of it being equal to the message date, that is)

... John