Re: Running CREATE only on certain Postgres versions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Running CREATE only on certain Postgres versions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/25/2012 08:25 AM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To elaborate:
>> test=> SELECT current_setting('server_version_num');
>>   current_setting
>> -----------------
>>   90009
>
> Yes, but knowing that, how does he run a statement only if version
> e.g. >= 80400? Is there a better way than the proposed
> create/call/drop function before PG 9.0? (since 9.0 there is the DO
> statement).

 From the OP:
"I have some code which creates a function in Postgres.."

It is unclear what that code is in its entirety. If it is  straight SQL
than I see no other choice than the above create/call/drop. If it is
some other language over SQL then I could see an IF statement or its
equivalent.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com