Re: On Ubuntu 12.04 i do have two psql one of those isn't working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: On Ubuntu 12.04 i do have two psql one of those isn't working
Date
List pgsql-general
On 17/09/2012 12:52, Yvon Thoraval wrote:

> then, the php link to the client library is faulty.

What makes you think this? Can you show the output from a PHP script
(not psql)? - something simple like...

$conn = pg_connect(....);
$rs = pg_query(....);

...just to establish whether the connection works.

> I've to find why.
> surprisingly, when from a php script i want to connect to another pgsql
> server, on another machine, by it's IPV6 addresse it works as expected...

Maybe you have Postgres set up to listen only over IPV6? However,
without seeing the actual error messages from PHP, I'm only guessing.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie