Re: pg_restore: warning: invalid creation date in header - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_restore: warning: invalid creation date in header
Date
List pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> These are the first lines when trying to restore a dump created on a
> machine in the PDT time zone, into a machine in UTC. Not sure if it
> matters, but I wanted to ask.

> pg_restore: warning: invalid creation date in header

Hmm.  Looking at the code for that, it knows nothing of timezones.
It's complaining that mktime() failed, which perhaps is because of
bad data in the archive header ... but I'm betting it has something
to do with failing to initialize all the fields of the struct tm
it passes.

However, that code's been like that a long time and we've not heard
previous reports of this.  Could you say exactly what the (receiving)
platform is?  How was pg_restore built (any special switches, etc)?
The output of pg_config on that machine might be helpful.

            regards, tom lane