Re: Draft release notes complete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Draft release notes complete
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/10/2012 05:19 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:06:18PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> It is this kind of run-around that caused me to generate my own doc
>>> build in the past;  maybe I need to return to doing my own doc build.
>>
>> You keep threatening with that.  You are free, of course, to do anything
>> you want, and no one will break sweat about it.  I already said I will
>> work on getting this up and running, but I can't give you a deadline for
>> when it'll be working.
>
> My point is that this frequent doc build feature was removed with no
> discussion, and adding it seems to be some herculean job that requires
> red tape only a government worker would love.

Not sure how you got that impression - but understand all requirements
to something is usually key to implementing a solution, so discussing
those requirements seems like a sensible thing to do.
sysadmin is a volunteer effort and we do our best to deal with both
keeping the existing infrastructure up and improving as we can but
resources are limited and we need to consider the time/effort ration of
stuff.
Anyway alvaro clearly stated he would deal with it but obviously
thatthat is not enough for your urgent demands so there is really not
much we can do about it...

> I have already started working on updating my script for git  --- should
> be done shortly, so you can remove my request.

ok

Stefan