Re: gistchoose vs. bloat - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: gistchoose vs. bloat
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 19:21 +0400, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

> New version of patch is attached. Parameter "randomization" was
> introduced. It controls whether to randomize choose. Choose algorithm
> was rewritten.

Do you expect it to be bad in any reasonable situations? I'm inclined to
just make it always randomize if it's better. I think it would be hard
for a user to guess when it's better and when not.

Maybe it's useful to turn randomization off for testing purposes, e.g.
to ensure determinism?

Regards,Jeff Davis