Re: build farm machine using mixed results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: build farm machine using mixed results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/08/2012 11:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This seems totally stupid, but it happens when the path to the current
>> directory includes a cross-device symlink. If I cd following the link,
>> then this effect doesn't happen. Weird.
> Huh.  So maybe a gmake bug, or maybe there's something wrong with our
> make rules for the case that `pwd` doesn't match what gmake thinks the
> current path is.  Could you specify the setup more fully?

Scratch that theory, that was just a transient. If anything it looks
like it is related to system load. When almost nothing was running on
the machine it worked fine. When I started up a Browser and an MUA the
problem occurred. This VM has 4 CPUs and 4Gb of memory and a load
average around 0.4 right now. I'm a bit perplexed.

cheers

andrew