Re: Is this TODO item done? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is this TODO item done?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Ah, OK, exactly what should the TODO item text be?  Can you modify the
> TODO?  I don't understand the TODO text I had.

What I thought the TODO was about was extending the indexam API so that
the actual key values stored in the index could be retrieved (from
indexes that support this, which needn't be all of them).  This would
allow non-indexable qual conditions to be checked on the index value
before visiting the heap.  The canonical example is fully checking a
LIKE condition on the index key.

We've been discussing exactly this point over in the GIT-index thread...