restoring with sql script - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Demian Quinonez
Subject restoring with sql script
Date
List pgsql-novice
Help!

I am creating a fail over server and one element of my system is using
postgresql 8.0.  I created a dump of the current DB and I want to
restore "as is" on the fail over server.   On the fail over I am using
the command "psql -U <username> < <sql script>" to try to restore the
the DB but when I press enter it does not ask me for my password and
goes directly to the FATAL error of password is not authenticated.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?  I am following the instructions given
by our vendor in how to back up and restore the pg DB.

System Info:
Win2003 server

Demian Quiñonez
Systems Developer