Re: Need help on autovacuum in postgres 9.1.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Need help on autovacuum in postgres 9.1.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/30/2012 03:52 AM, Khangelani Gama wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need help in turning off autovacuum in the Database that’s running
> postgres 9.1.2 DB. I tried to turn it off by putting “off” in
> postgresql.cont file and restarted the postmaster but when I run “*show
> autovacuum;* “ query I still see autovacuum set on inside the database.
>
> autovacuum
>
> ------------
>
> on

In addition to what has already been said, it is important to note that
changing the setting to off does not entirely turn off autovacuum.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/runtime-config-autovacuum.html

"Note that even when this parameter is disabled, the system will launch
autovacuum processes if necessary to prevent transaction ID wraparound.
See Section 23.1.4 for more information."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com