Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community"
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/28/2012 04:47 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM, mithun
> <mithun.chicklore.yogendra@huawei.com> wrote:
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> We are gathering information regarding  PostgreSQL open source product
>> quality and its community. Can you kindly help me  to find following data.
>
> Your questions are incredibly broad, so you're going to get some broad answers.

indeed - not sure what the purpuse is but well...

>> 1.       Number of releases happened since last 12 months along with its
>> version numbers.
>
> look here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/
>
>> 2.       Number of Bugs fixed since last 12 months and last 6 months.
>
> look here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/

i think that looking at the git shortlog of a stable branch(or the
release notes of a stable branch) is actually painting a more realistic
picture of the bug fixing activity

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE

Stefan