Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM, mithun
<mithun.chicklore.yogendra@huawei.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> We are gathering information regarding  PostgreSQL open source product
> quality and its community. Can you kindly help me  to find following data.

Your questions are incredibly broad, so you're going to get some broad answers.

look here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/

look here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/

> 3.       Activities in each of the mailing list. Like number of posts and
> number of members involved since last 12 months and last 6 months.

see here:
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

The important lists are -general, -hackers

look here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/
also here: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/

see here:  http://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/

> 6.       Number of downloads of the PostgreSQL open source software.

That's very hard to get, since a large percentage of postgresql
installations are using operating system supplied packages.

merlin