Re: Odd query result - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Georges Racinet
Subject Re: Odd query result
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/27/2012 12:14 PM, Sergey Konoplev wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Maximilian Tyrtania
> <lists@contactking.de>  wrote:
>>> It might be a broken index issue. Please show the EXPLAIN for these queries.
>>
>> It was. I had an index like this:
>>
>> CREATE INDEX idx_firmen_iskunde_index
>>   ON firmen
>>   USING btree
>>   (f_firmen_iskunde(firmen.*));
>>
>> Dropping and recreating it fixed it.
>
> Note that having such functional index you are risking to face similar
> oddities again after you modify the function. You need to manually
> reindex all the indexes that uses the function after it has been
> modified.

Hi, this is quite interesting, I didn't know it were possible to set an
index on a function result.
I guess one must also reindex in case some record changes as well, right
? Through a trigger maybe ?

Thanx for the informative posts,

--
Georges Racinet