Re: What text format is this and can I import it into Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: What text format is this and can I import it into Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/22/12 7:17 PM, Mike Christensen wrote:
> This is exactly what I needed.  Thanks so much..  Already got the
> first table imported..

I think would use 'TEXT' for the string fields, INTEGER for the whole
numbers and NUMERIC for the fractional ones...
once you have the data imported, and define the appropriate field of
each table as its PRIMARY KEY, you should be able to do a wide range of
joins to collect specific sorts of data.