Re: Fairly serious bug induced by latest guc enum changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fairly serious bug induced by latest guc enum changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> No, my point was that there are three possible states of sync_bit and
>> your patch only accounted for transitions between two of 'em.

> Did this every get addressed?  I don't see a commit for it.

I thought it got fixed here:

* src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c: Remove the special variablefor open_sync_bit used in O_SYNC and O_DSYNC modes,
replacingitwith a call to a function that derives it from the sync_methodvariable, now that it has distinct values for
thesetwo cases.This means that assign_xlog_sync_method() no longer changes anysettings, thus fixing the bug introduced
inthe change to use a gucenum for wal_sync_method.

Hmm ... or at least more or less fixed.  Seems like there's no provision
to close and reopen the file if enableFsync changes.  Not sure if that's
worth worrying about.