Re: Interval "1 month" is equals to interval "30 days" - WHY? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Interval "1 month" is equals to interval "30 days" - WHY?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/08/2012 08:56 PM, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> Hmmm.  How would you define an ordering in that case?
> And without an ordering, you couldn't use "btree" indexes
> on interval columns, right?
Or, as Anthony noted, what about leap seconds?

I'm not advocating changing the behaviour of interval types. They're a
compromise for best functionality in the face of crazy and stupid
real-world rules.  I just wanted to point out that intervals are
inconsistent in all sorts of ways, and that there really isn't a good
answer.

--
Craig Ringer