Execution of stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sundaramoorthy, Annapoorani \(Cognizant\)
Subject Execution of stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I am migrating from MS SQL to POSTGRESQL database.

In this, I have some problem with the ASP connection. The error is as
follows:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
Error while executing the query; ERROR: SELECT query has no destination
for result data

HINT: If you want to discard the results, use PERFORM instead.

=0D

=0D

This error is associated with the execution of stored procedure.

=0D

Select <functuion_name()>;

=0D

Is the way in which I am trying to execute the procedure in pgadmin and
also this is the way in which I am using it in the asp file.

Can I have your help in overcoming the issue.

=0D

=0D

Thanks.

Annapoorani S

=0D

=0D

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the i=
ntended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged informatio=
n.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e=
-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.=0D
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printi=
ng or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail =
is strictly=0D
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com=